Monday, March 23, 2015

PSherman Forty-Two WallabyWay Sydney has added you as a friend.


 I’m not sure how universal this is, but in my town there is a trend of high school seniors changing their names on Facebook. It is believed that by using a new alias, you prevent college admissions officers from finding anything potentially harmful on your Facebook page. While neither myself nor anyone else has any way of proving whether or not this strategy has any affect, it has become a fun tradition in my school.

Some people prefer the classic “Sydney Michelle”, as in using your first and middle name. Most, however, try to be more creative and punny with their names. If you’re going to the efforts to change your name on Facebook, you might as well go big or go home. I came up with a solid list of possible names: Syd Cudi, Sydney Australia, NewYork Syddy, etc. However, the Pixar-inspired name I selected was a total crowd pleaser. Hello from PSherman FortyTwo-WallabyWay Sydney.

My name, PShermz for short, was an instant hit. Finding Nemo references occurred frequently (no complaints there!). Towards the end of senior year, one of my friends decided that she was going to host a “Dress-as-your-senior-facebook-name” themed party. So naturally, I channeled my inner clownfish and ordered a “Sexy Nemo Costume.” Yes, this exists. Honestly, with the giant scope of Disney/Pixar, should we even be surprised anymore?


My costume arrive and it was, well, interesting. I’m not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing that my friend ended up cancelling the party. The Nemo costume is in my college dorm collecting dust...but I wouldn’t be surprised if it got some use sometime in the next four years!

No comments:

Post a Comment