Sunday, March 29, 2015

Disney Channel!!!!!

I had a slight revelation today--- why have I yet to blog about Disney Channel?!?! Given the name, I am assuming that this falls under the general umbrella of Disney, thus making it a kosher blog topic.

To say that I loved Disney channel would be a huge understatement. I will stand by this statement until the day I die that Disney channel shows and movies were of the highest quality. The shows were incredible! Lizzie McGuire taught me so much about myself, and that is no exaggeration. I literally lived and breathed Lizzie, especially when she hit the big screens in The Lizzie McGuire movie.

8pm on weekday nights was a sacred time: Disney Channel Original Movie time. Everyone in my generation knows that exceedingly catchy theme song: "Let's watch, a Disney Channel Movie!" Given that I was the oldest child in my family, my parents were relatively strict on bedtime. 10 year old Sydney was not allowed to stay up until the movie finished at 10. As a result, I can honestly say I've seen the opening half hours of Luck of The Irish and Smart House a dozen times, but the endings only a couple times. *Sigh*, I guess this is the typical life of a Disney-Channel loving child.

(Disclaimer- sorry for the lack of organization in this blog post, I just have a lot to say about Disney channel/it's been a long week/Lizzie McGuire deserved mentioning)

No comments:

Post a Comment