Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Face Shapes....okay bye.



To be blunt, I thought this face shapes article was stupid. I get that some passionate people exist out there, but I really don't see why someone would feel the need to put such time and effort into expressing their opinions on the face shapes of Disney/Pixar characters.

In the specific web page I linked above, the tumblr author outlined each face shape and compared the female outlines and the male outlines. She declared, "[b]oys in animated movies have faces that are square, round, skinny, fat, alien-looking, handsome, and ugly. The only face that girls get to have is some round snub-nosed baby face. That’s not right." 

I, of course, can see the similarities in the female face shape. However, I find it such a minimal detail in the grand scheme of Disney that I'm actually chuckling to myself as I write this, amused by how ridiculous this is. I mean, think about it: people are actually freaking out about FACE SHAPE. It's so irrelevant. 

I'd also like to point out that there isn't as much variation in the male face shape category as this specific blogger would like to assume. Many of them have these same "snub" noses and only a few have slightly more chiseled jaws. It's really only that new character from Inside Out that has a dramatic difference, with his super thin face and long, pointy nose.  Besides that, they all have somewhat similar face shapes.

Also, just like to point out that the majority of PEOPLE have relatively similar face shapes in real life. Yes, there is slight variation, but for the most part we all have roundish faces. And two eyes. And a nose. And a mouth. Wow----what is Disney trying to say about our society?!?! (JK)

No comments:

Post a Comment