Monday, March 2, 2015

Mean Girls as told by Disney

THIS is hilarious. If you haven't seen it, then I guarantee it is about to make your life better. If you have seen it, I bet you'll still LOL.

The vid is truly amazing because it is SO well done. It was a hit or miss idea, and I think we can all agree that it was a HIT.

The "casting" was very well done. Ariel as Cady was perfect because of a) the red hair, duh but b) her sense of cluelessness. The Disney version of the plastics perfectly resembled their Mean Girls counterparts. Sleeping Beauty conveniently has really big hair (maybe it is full of secrets, you never know...). Slight issue with Aladdin being just a bit too attractive to be Damien, but I can get over that.

I was super impressed with how well the Disney clips fit in with the Mean Girls scenes. I actually LOLed at the Lion King clip used for the "I know how they would settle this in the animal world" bit. And Jasmine holding the apple and pointing at was a totally valid way to show the map of the cafeteria. Mulan being the "cool asian" was very accurate.

Moral of the story-- this video made me laugh a ton, and was the perfect way to break up my full Monday-night workload. Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment