Monday, April 6, 2015

Beauty and the Beast has my jaw dropping...

This course has made me question everything I have ever believed about Disney. The "why didn't Ariel just speak?" idea had me dumbfounded, and I'm even more shocked at this takeaway from Beauty and the Beast. It is simply a GREAT point. I'm honestly quite disappointed in Disney that there exists no resolute answer to this question.

This article provides clear evidence that the Beast was either 10 or 11 when he was cursed. There is literally mathematical proof of this, and I think it would be very hard to refute these numbers. That being said, I agree completely with the list of questions at the end of the article... who in their right mind would curse a child? Sure, I bet was as greedy and selfish as young princes can be, but if he was literally 10 or 11, I really don't think cursing him to become a beast was an appropriate solution. Especially when you consider the fact that what he did to deserve this curse was to not allow a stranger into his castle.

Sidenote---the whole Chip thing is hilariously perplexing. Definitely something that Disney did not think through. I really hope that Disney will reveal one day that Chip was, in fact, born as a teacup and was birthed by his lovely teapot of a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment