Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beauty and the Beast had me like...

OH MY GOD!!! Last class someone ever-so-casually mentioned the upcoming live action Beauty and the Beast movie. My initial reaction was shock that I was unaware of this very exciting news. Then the shock was replaced with happiness. I LOVE this movie, and have very high hopes for what it could become. I'm kind of iffy on how exactly they are gonna execute Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, and the rest of the talking/dancing household materials. But besides that minor (and by minor I mean not minor at all) detail, I really think this movie could make a killer live action film.

If anyone claims to not be ecstatic about Emma Watson playing Belle, they're either lying or are very disturbed. This casting decision is LITERALLY FLAWLESS. Emma will carry Belle's grace and intelligence perfectly. It is simply a match made in heaven. I think the rest of the cast thus far is pretty solid. It appears that Chip has yet to be cast, and the immediate actor that comes to mind is that little boy who played S.J. in The Blind Side. Except, come to think of it, since The Blind Side came out in 2009, he's probably in that awkward "about-to-start-puberty" phase and is therefore no longer a lil cutie. Whoever they case, he better be an adorable little munchkin.

That is all.
PS- is this goodbye, blog? If so, it's been absolutely real. Sydnerella out.

No comments:

Post a Comment